By Robert C. Winters,Julie L. Globokar,Cliff Roberson
An creation to Crime and Crime Causation is a student-friendly textbook that defines and explains the suggestions of crime, legal legislation, and criminology. excellent for a one-semester direction, the e-book compares and contrasts early legal habit and today’s glossy kinds of crime. It additionally explores society’s responses to felony habit some time past and right now. It covers either significant and lesser-known crime causation theories and their impression on society.
Topics coated include:
- The significance of figuring out crime data
- The ambitions of punishment
- The background of criminology, together with the effect of social Darwinism on early trait theorists
- Crime causation theories, together with a comparability of mainstream and significant theories
- The dating among crime and biology, together with the impression of genetics, substance use, and psychological illness
- The social structural method of crime, together with a attention of the altering contexts of city criminality
- The nature and serve as of the justice method on the neighborhood, kingdom, and federal degrees, and easy different types of crimes
- Drug trafficking crimes, drug court docket efforts, and perceived weaknesses in present antidrug efforts
Each bankruptcy starts off with a suite of targets and concludes with a precis. Interactive questions promote school room dialogue and practicum sections facilitate contextual studying. Drawn from diversified and distinctive backgrounds, the authors every one have distinct views on crime, making for a very well-rounded textual content that explores crime from numerous angles. The e-book makes an attempt to coach readers within the improvement of recent insights on crime and crime causation and gives a better knowing of the stairs that have to be taken ahead of an important relief in crime can take place.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Crime and Crime Causation PDF
Similar criminal law books
Lines the historical past of the writ of habeas corpus and its effect on federal-state family members. The writ of habeas corpus is the primary capacity in which country prisoners, many on dying row, assault the constitutionality in their conviction in federal courts. within the physique and the nation, Cary Federman contends that habeas corpus is greater than only a get-out-of-jail-free card—it provides dying row inmates a constitutional technique of overturning a jury’s unsuitable selection of guilt.
Legal court cases during which humans can lose lifestyles, liberty, or acceptance let us know very much in regards to the personality of any society. In Japan, it really is prosecutors who wield the best regulate over those values and who consequently demonstrate so much basically the nature of the japanese method of justice. during this ebook, David T.
The school-to-prison pipeline is usually the trail for marginalized scholars, really black men, who're 3 times as more likely to be suspended as White scholars. This quantity presents an ethnographic portrait of the way educators can enforce restorative justice to construct optimistic institution cultures and handle disciplinary difficulties in a extra corrective and not more punitive demeanour.
Quantity forty four of Crime and Justice is key studying for students, coverage makers, and practitioners who want to know in regards to the most modern advances in wisdom referring to crime, its explanations, and its regulate. Contents contain Robert D. Crutchfield at the complicated interactions between race, social category, and crime; Cassia Spohn on race, crime, and punishment in the United States; Marianne van Ooijen and Edward Kleemans at the “Dutch version” of drug coverage; Beau Kilmer, Peter Reuter, and Luca Giommoni on cross-national and comparative wisdom approximately drug use and regulate medicines; Michael Tonry on federal sentencing coverage in view that 1984; Kathryn Monahan, Laurence Steinberg, and Alex R.
- International Handbook of Juvenile Justice
- Securing Rights for Victims: A Process Evaluation of the National Crime Victim Law Institute's Victims' Rights Clinics
- Developmental and Life-course Criminological Theories (The Library of Essays in Theoretical Criminology)
- Einbeziehung Heranwachsender in das Erwachsenenstrafrecht (German Edition)
Additional info for An Introduction to Crime and Crime Causation
An Introduction to Crime and Crime Causation by Robert C. Winters,Julie L. Globokar,Cliff Roberson